Staff helping student

Money and Insruance

Home » Student Hub » Pre-Arrivals » Money and Insurance


Your College fees are for tuition, welfare, most activities and accommodation only. If you have catered accommodation your meals will also be included in the costs.

We recommend you open a UK bank account which we can help you with. You will need additional finances to pay for the ongoing costs of your education. This includes expenses such as trips and books.

During Christmas vacation:

The Boarding Houses close. You will need to make alternative arrangements.

During half term holidays:

All students can stay in the Boarding Houses during the half-term holidays. If you are under 16 there is a compulsory activities programme, this incurs a cost of £200 per week. If you are over 16, you are welcome to stay in your accommodation at no extra charge.

During Easter vacation:

There is a weekly charge if you wish to stay in your boarding house over Easter. You will need to give at least one month’s notice.

Self-catered students can buy food and drink during the day. You can also buy meal vouchers from the catering team.


We highly recommend you take out student travel insurance that will cover you for any emergencies while you are studying in the UK. If you have already opted to take the insurance we offer, you will be covered for the following:

  • Cancellation or curtailment charges
  • Personal money, passport & documents
  • Emergency medical & other expenses
  • Personal liability
  • Private medical emergency cover 
  • Missed departure
  • Personal accident
  • Overseas legal expenses & assistance
  • Baggage Course fees

For full policy details contact the Admissions Team: